How to Place a Wedding Order
When to begin your order: It’s recommended that you contact us at least 6 months in advance of your wedding date. It is possible that we can do it on a shorter notice, but you will make it so much easier on yourself and us with a 6+ month notice.
How to contact me:
- Email (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook message
What to tell me in your first message:
- Date – Eventually, I need to know if I will be setting up the day of the wedding or the evening before. Usually I set up on the day of your wedding, but if you will be in a location that will be air conditioned overnight then I can set up the evening before as well.
- Venue Location – Delivery is only available for locations in Washington, Union, New Haven, Marthasville, Dutzow, & Villa Ridge. Anywhere else will need our permission. It is possible we may not be able to deliver to your location (especially if it is longer than a 1 hr drive). If we can deliver to your location outside the above areas then there will be an extra delivery charge applied to the final total. This extra delivery charge helps us cover the time we spend driving and the gas needed to drive there and back. Additionally, we are always happy to make a cake for you, no matter the venue location, so long as someone will be able to pick it up.
- Expected number of guests – This can be numbers of invitations sent out for now and we’ll figure out final total later)
- Your vision– Color scheme, theme, inspiration photos, number of tiers, etc.
- Are you wanting flowers on your cake? – Fresh flowers? – Will I provide or will florist provide?- Or fabric flowers?
***Please make sure you include all this information in your first message to me.***
How I will respond:
- I will let you know if I am available for your date. (There is really no worry here.)
- I will let you know if I am available to deliver to your venue location and if there will be any extra delivery fees.
- I will suggest a certain amount of cake/ mini desserts/ etc. according to the number of guests you are expecting. However, we can always change this when we know the exact number of guests. I will ask whether you want to save your top tier of your wedding cake for your first anniversary.
- I will clarify any questions about your vision and give you an estimated price quote taking into considerations the details of the cake and the size of the cake. This is just an estimate and may change as we know the final guest count or if any details change. You are always available to see our price estimates below if you are just wanting to get an idea on prices.
- We will talk about flowers (if that is something you want) and if I need to provide. If so I will ask about colors, varieties, etc.
- I will give you the information about placing a cake tasting order. All the information is below as well. If you do decide to book a wedding cake with us, we actually reimburse you for your sample box by taking the cost off the final cake total. Just as a thank you for booking your wedding with us and allowing us to be a part of your special day.
How to try cake samples
The first weekend of every month we will have a wedding sampler box available for order on our website. You will need to purchase the box for the month you would like to try samples. In each box you will get to try 6 different cupcake samples (2 cupcakes of each flavor for 12 total cupcake samples). Four flavors in our boxes are our signature flavors and will stay the same every month. The other two flavors will change up every month. The only substitutions that can be made to these boxes are in the instance of an allergy. Otherwise, we will not be doing custom cake sample boxes.
Online you will be given the option for delivery or pick-up on the weekend you select and at certain times. If there is any details we need to know about delivery or your pick-up please let us know in the notes section of your order.
***You can order your sample box HERE!!!***
Contact us after trying the cake samples:
- Tell us which flavor/flavors you would like in your cake. We can do a different flavor for every tier.
- Deposit: To secure your date you will need to make a $100 deposit on your cake. The rest will need to be paid at least 2 weeks before your wedding date. You can pay your $100 deposit by:
- Check (made out to Sweet Elizabeth’s) and mailed to 415 Dubois St. in Washington, MO 63090.
- Venmo (sent to @Sweet-Elizabeths) Make sure you see our logo to make sure it’s us.
- Online HERE by Credit Card
- We will contact you letting you know when we get your deposit and tell you that you are officially on our calendar. If you for some reason you need to cancel your wedding cake order with us this deposit will be refunded in full to you. If you need to cancel, you must let us know 1 month prior to your wedding date to be refunded.
Contact us 1 month before your wedding date with:
- Final guest count – If we need to adjust the size of the cake to accommodate I will let you know my recommendations.
- Any changes you want to make.
- Timeframe – When will guests be arriving at the venue?- So I can plan for when I should arrive with the cake.
- Florist’s Arrival – If using flowers from the florist on the cake let me know when the florist will arrive so I can plan to arrive after. (If you don’t know this yet, please find out and let me know ASAP)
- I will respond with your final total. This total will need to be paid at the very latest of 2 weeks before the wedding.
Two weeks before the wedding:
- Respond with anything you did not know in any of the previous questions
- The final payment is due. You can pay by:
- Check (made out to Sweet Elizabeth’s) and mailed to 415 Dubois St. in Washington, MO 63090
- Venmo (sent to @Sweet-Elizabeths)
General Wedding Cake Pricing
***These are our base prices for wedding cakes. The exact price will depend on the details of your cake. It is best to contact us directly with your specifications and we can give you a more accurate price.
*** All wedding cake pricing includes a wedding cake base. So there is no need to purchase your own base. For single tier and two tier cake you can purchase your own cake stand that we can set the cake on with arrival. However, due to the weight of 3+ tiered cakes we recommend you use the base we will provide for you.*** No return of the cake base is necessary, however, if you are willing to return the base it is much appreciated.